Welcome to Hywel Samuel & Associates Dental Practice
Our independently owned practice has been established for over 40 years and is located in the heart of Cardiff city centre, St Mary Street.
We are delighted to welcome you our brand-new premises here at Golate Dental. Our sister practice is located in Loudoun Square.
Our dental team is committed to providing a high standard of dental care using the latest technology.
We offer both NHS and private treatments and welcome new patients.
Our central location means we are ideally located for city centre professionals and city visitors alike.
Routine dentistry during COVID-19 requires the correct social distancing measures and personal protective equipment to be in place. That is why, routine dentistry was suspended with the outbreak of coronavirus. In Wales dentists could return to work from 22nd June 2020 on a phased return
What will dental appointments be like?
Our Practice has worked hard to source protective equipment and put measures in place to maintain social distancing. We will not be able to offer all treatments from 22nd June, but we will need to prioritise patients based upon their needs.
- If you call to make an appointment, you will be asked some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again at your appointment
- You will probably be asked to use hand sanitiser or to wash your hands when you arrive (and again before you leave)
- You will also find that waiting rooms might look a little different with two metre markers in place
- You will also notice that the dental team may be wearing different protective equipment to what you are used to seeing
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
Referrals for certain procedures
Even after our practice has re-opened, please be aware that you may need to be referred to an urgent care centre for treatment.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and persons in need, patients should come alone
- A distance of at least two metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice
- Staff will not shake your hand
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice
- Please do not arrive without an appointment
- Patients should attend wearing a mask if possible or be prepared to wear one
- You will be asked to use the hand sanitizer upon arrival
- Please arrive with minimal bags, you will be asked to leave your coat and bag in a safe plastic bag which can be collected on leaving.
- Please use the bathroom at home prior to attending the surgery as they are locked and for urgent use only
It will likely be some time before dental services return to what you previously experienced as normal. However, our dental team will be doing all we can to ensure you receive the treatment you require in the safest way.
Thank you for your patience if you have any questions please call 029 20371393 or email email@example.com